OPAL Healthcare & Wellness is an outstanding family practice serving residents of Dallas, Texas, and the surrounding region. Under the leadership of Michaela Klose, APRN, FNP-BC, NP-C, and Christiane Jamieson, APRN, FNP-C, the practice strives to meet the unique health and wellness needs of each and every patient, no matter where they are on their personal health journey.
As experienced nurse practitioners, Michaela and Christiane bring a wealth of knowledge and skills to their roles at OPAL Healthcare & Wellness. They also share a passion for enhancing the lives of those in their care. Both practitioners strive to integrate health and wellness into each patient’s everyday life, an approach that yields excellent results.
Communication is an essential part of building a relationship with your health care team. At OPAL Healthcare & Wellness, patients have options when it comes to connecting with their practitioner. In-person visits are a great starting point, but telehealth is also an option. This allows you to choose the means of communication that best aligns with your lifestyle and specific health needs.
Michaela and Christiane have created a practice that builds culturally sensitive partnerships with patients. They enable and support self-advocacy and teach patients how to take control of their own health journeys. Health care education, disease prevention, and counseling are integrated into all patient interactions.
For patients who are ready to take a new approach to primary care, the team at OPAL Healthcare & Wellness is standing by to assist. Book an appointment online or over the phone to learn more about all that the practice offers, and begin a path toward renewed health and wellness.
As Nurse Practitioners at OPAL Healthcare & Wellness we establish culturally sensitive partnerships with patients, encourage self-advocacy and place a unique emphasis on the healthcare and well-being of the whole person through healthcare promotion, disease prevention, healthcare education, and counseling. We guide patients in making smarter healthcare and lifestyle wellness choices so they can feel beautiful inside both mentally and physically.
- Our work is guided by six key values of Healthcare that reflect who we are and why we are here:
- Honesty: We value honesty at all time and will always be honest with patients, team members, and our interdisciplinary team.
- Ethically Efficient Care: Fundamentally we are nurses and abide by a Code of Ethics which serves as a foundation for ethical nursing practice. It is designed to assist us to practice ethically and work through ethical challenges that surface in practice with individuals, families, communities, and public Healthcare systems. This code serves as an ethical basis from which we can advocate for delivery of safe, compassionate, competent, efficient care all the while promoting the Healthcare and well-being of individuals for whom we care for or do business. This code of ethics is our foundation.
- Accountability & Advocacy: we value accountability and honor our commitments. We will always take ownership of our work and promptly correct mistakes to the greatest extent possible. We will also advocate for our patients at all times.
- Logical Affordable Alternatives: we value and understand that not all people can afford concierge Healthcare. That is why we have logically developed a low cost alternative so those that want to participate can with payment plans that will work for their budget. We value and believe that Healthcare is a right and no one should be denied Healthcare regardless of financial restraints.
- Teamwork: we value contributions of all, blending the skills of individual members in unsurpassed collaboration.
- Healing: we value inspiration and hope and want to nurture the well-being of the whole person respecting, physical, emotional, spiritual, & cultural needs.
- Our work is also guided by eight principles of WELLNESS that reflect what we want for our patients:
- Well Balanced Approach: we want our patients to understand that the greatest wealth is Healthcare. Therefore approaching wellness with a balanced approach like a scale. *This approach does not only use medication, but we take a more holistic approach to Healthcare.
- Establish, Encourage, & Enjoy: we understand establishing routines is difficult especially if our patients are working multiple jobs. It is our duty to encourage our patients and assist them in planning and making new routines so they can not only enjoy life but also live life to the fullest.
- Live: the difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do. If you don’t take care of your body, you are what you eat, so don’t be fast, cheap, easy or fake.
- Laugh & Love: a good laugh always heals a lot of hurts and learning to love oneself is essential. As Maya Angelou always said, “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anyone.”
- Nourish: To flourish. We go above and beyond to help patients nourish their minds with education so they can have confidence that our plan will yield positive results.
- Endurance: those who endure will conquer their goals. There is no quick fix or solution to each issue rather a long term holistic approach to goals.
- Support/Strength: Each patient has within them everything they need to deal with whatever the world throws at them. Our job is to support our patients to remember that and build up their strength to get through the difficult times
- Self Esteem: we have all made mistakes. In fact many of us make them daily. What we all need to remember is that these mistakes are not who you are. Once we approach all these principles, all of our patients will have more inner stability and sabotage ourselves less.